Wednesday, October 1, 2008

(Adrian Butler) Kansas Lama

My picture may vary from the typical kansas pictures. I mean i'ts a lama. The lama really does mean a lot to me. The lama really does represent many things that are in common with Kansas to me. Not even just the lama but the picture in its entire frame. The tractor for instance represents kansas in one of the largest ways, which is farming. Farming is a large portion of the profits here in Kansas at least I would think so. Then I would have to say the land scape has something to do with how I feel about my state. Since it's just so flat and full of trees. Now i must get back to the wonderful lama. The animal shows me a lot of feelings in this picture. These feelings i could associate with Kansas. For instance the animal is smiling showing that it is happy regardless of the fact that it's in old Kansas a totally different habitat than what it's use to. Kansas has many different types of people just like the animals. The lama is fat, this is Kansas to me we are a pretty healthy state for the most part. Just about anything and everybody can live and survive here in Kansas. The ground that the lama walks on shows what Kansas is. It's a clay filled area with nothing but farming and aifcraft going on. The animal represents Kansas to me. It shows that no matter who you are or what you are you can live here and be happy. The clear blue sky and the brush in the background shows Kansas is a really calm and laid back type of enviroment. I know this lama and i care about this place just as much as each other. I care about my state and city. I mean I'm from here. I only get one home state to call my own, why not make it the wheat farms of Kansas.

1 comment:

bsg53md said...

Very good essay. There are a few grammatical errors and some sentence styling that could be changed to make this essay better. In the beginning, You really tried to stress the importance of what the lama means to you. "The lama really does mean a lot to me. The lama really does represent many things that are in common with Kansas to me." If it were me, I would write it like this in order to keep from sounding redundant: "The lama really does mean a lot to me. I feel like it represents many things that are in common with Kansas" Also with these two sentences you do not have to tell your audience that you are talking about Kansas in every other sentence. "Farming is a large portion of the profits here, at least I would think so. Then I would have to say the landscape has something to do with how I feel about my state, since it's just so flat and full of trees" Overall a good essay, I especially liked how you took a different approach to what defines Kansas. I also liked how you pointed out how anyone could really live there. VERY GOOD!