Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kansas State Flower



I still remembered on the first day that I just came to Kansas, the car went across the sunflower field which is so immense and beautiful. As I know, sunflower represents to Kansas. Kansas is the one of many top cities that grows sunflower. While the vibrant, strong sunflower is recognized worldwide for its beauty. It also has other names like Wild Native Sunflower or Kansas State Flower. The sunflower can adapt to dry, hot of Kansas summer. The sunflower in the picture spread out look like abowls of honey that attract to the swarm of bees, the birds like to enjoy the seed.It ia also an important source of food. Sunflower can be used to produce oil, which is the third important vegetables oil. Sunflower oil is also used as a replacement for diesel oil. As you can see in the picture, they grows in the large field and that is where Kansas come in. Sunflower embellishes Kansas more special. Kansas is my new home. That is why sunflower here seem like the sun to me. It is always there even far away. It gives me light and a new path from life. Sunflower is very useful to nature, the leaf of the sunflower is very big, which give shade for many insects. Before you enter into Kansas, you will see many road site that have the sunflower icon on it. It means you almost reach to Kansas. Besides, you will see many sunflowers growing along on both sides of the road.

2 comments:

Lindsey Phillips said...

I really like how you describe the sunflowers as bowls of honey attracting the bees. This was a really good description. The only thing I see that your entry needs is some grammatical work. One big thing is your verbs. There are a couple of spots where you have the wrong tense. When I read your blog, I was making a mental picture. In my mind, I see Kansas as being nothing but tons of big, open fields, overflowing with sunflowers. I think it would be neat to see fields upon fields of sunflowers.

*_* said...

thanks for your comment. i know i need a little work on grammar.