
To the people that live in Kansas many images come to mind when they think of their state. For many people farms and cows come to mind. Wichita is a much bigger city so I personally am not familiar with farms and cows. The first thing that makes me think of Kansas is its diverse people. When I think of Wichita people, I think of busy people hurrying off to work, school or where ever they have to go. Our city is big but not too crowded. During a typical morning, lunch time, and at five o'clock traffic our city's highways and interstates can sometimes get overwhelming. If you look on the Kansas quarter you will see hints of our state that include a sunflower and tornado. Kansas land is notorious for being flat so our state suffers from many tornado a year. Our last famous tornado happened in the town of Greensburg and left the city devastated. Then there is our state's flower being the very noticeable sunflower. I think of Kansas every time I go into a local Quick Trip and see a package of sunflower seeds. If I go a little farther south on rock road passed my neighborhood QT I will see Spangles, which I consider to be unique to Kansas. Spangles is a fast food restaurant that is family owned and so far strictly in Kansas. Wichita is known as the air capital of the world. I find that pretty interesting considering there are way larger cities than Wichita. There are also the aircraft companies such as Cessna, Spirit, Hawker Beech Craft and Learjet that provide many people jobs.
Christy Utt
1 comment:
Sounds like Kansas is as flat as Auburn is. I like how you kind of made a sunflower a symbol of Kansas. It's important to keep something to represent something as important as where someone lives. You maybe could describe the landscape a tad more in depth, but overall it was a good essay.
Post a Comment