Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My blog


When I think of Kansas I think of my family, friends, and sports. In the picture that I chose I’m standing next to my best friends, at the skating ring. The skating ring stands for the love of sports. Hockey was the first sport I fell in love with, I had been playing it since I was six. Unfortunately I had to get knee surgery, so I gave up that sport. The reason my friends are in this picture I chose is because when you live in Kansas for so long their isn’t really a lot of fun things to do after awhile. However, one thing I do enjoy still is hanging out with my friends. Without my family and friends I wouldn’t live in Kansas anymore. I could have moved to California with my brother or Missouri with my grandparents, but I wasn’t ready to leave behind what’s here. I love Kansas for those reasons, because all of my childhood memories are in Kansas, well at least most of them are. So, that is why Kansas is a place that will always hold up a space in my heart. I wanted to get my education in Kansas because there are good schools here, but after I get my degree I might move on with Kansas for awhile so I can experience the other parts of the U.S. I have already been and experienced the Westside and the Midwest. Kansas is a great place to be apart of and that is why I love Kansas.

1 comment:

daniellek84 said...

You know I actually though about doing that picture with friends since Kansas is pretty boring but at least you always have your friends to attempt to make things seem fun!