
In this picture you will find a magnificent Kansas sunset at approximately 7:30 p.m. It was taken on my way home from school. This picture represents Kansas to me. Since I was born and raised here they are the only sunsets I can remember. When I was younger I used to go out to Lake Afton with my Dad and we would sit our lawn chairs and watch the sunset out on the edge of the water to where when the waves would come in they would sometimes run over you a little bit. This picture has so many vibrant colors some of which are indescribable they are so beautiful. You have your many different tones of blue, to the yellows and oranges, all which blend so perfectly to form something so beautiful. Then you see the rays shining through the fluffy white clouds. Then you look out into the distance and see trees and shrubs that seem like they go on for days. Some people make fun of Kansas due to it’s flat lands. I myself am guilty of it at some point in time. If you actually sit back and think about it, it’s nice sometimes to just be able to sit down somewhere and watch the sun go down. So you see if we were not surrounded by all of this flat land we would not be able to sit down and enjoy such a magnificent and breathtaking sight! We would then have obstructions in our view such as mountains, houses, office buildings and such. So the next time I hear someone whine or I begin to think about doing it I’m just going to sit back and remember how beautiful and peaceful it is to literally be able to sit there and watch the sun go down until it is dark outside with nothing in the way. Plus it brings back good childhood memories I once shared with my father!
2 comments:
I think that your essay does a nice job of describing a sunset in Kansas. It is interesting to see what the sunset looks like in a different part of the country. I would make parts of your essay not run on in parts. They are good ideas, just maybe spelt them up. I think it is cool that sunsets are that nice in Kansas.
Yeah the sunsets are quite nice and relaxing here for the most part. I tend to have too big of an idea and don't know where to break it up at but thanks for the advice.
Post a Comment